Malvern Sysmex FPIA 3000S Flow Particle Image Analyzer has been both refurbished and tested by McKinley Scientific. The FPIA 3000S enables reliable, repeatable and routine characterization of particle size distributions and particle shape distributions using automated imaging techniques. Particle shape information is generated from the analysis of a large number of particles, displays of size, and shape data are supported by images of all particles to provide further visual understanding of the measurement data. Particle shape provides an additional parameter to understand the source of manufacturing variations.
- Measuring range: from 0.8µm to 300µm
- Samples types for the measurement of emulsions and suspensions
- Compatible sheath reagents include particle sheath reagent-aqueous based, mathanol, ethanol, isopropyl alcohol, and theylene glycol solution (25%)
- User friendly software: predefined measurement and analysis procedures ensure measurement reproducibility.
- Shape characterization using multiple shape parameters
- Unique particle size vs. circularity scattergram provides sample finger printing
- Particle classification facility
- Data generated includes particle size distributions, particle shape distributions, and concentration
- Stores images of particles with size data
- Applications: Biotechnology, Ceramics, Graphite, Abrasives, Toners, Metal Powders, Polymers, Yeast, Algae, Protein Crystals, and Pharmaceutical Materials (e.g. actives and excipients)
- Controlled sample presentation: Sheath flow ensures all particles are separated and in focus. It has a unique flow cell design for unprecedented particle image quality and consistent particle orientation.
- Fully automated for ease of use
- High through put- typical measurement completed in < 3 minutes